12 firearms, most of them restricted, were stolen at the Cabela’s in Calgary. Police are asking for assistance in locating the suspect and the firearms.
A store manager was inside at the time, however, was in a back room and did not hear the break in take place. Once inside the store, the suspect went directly to four glass display cases that housed handguns and long guns. Nine handguns and three restricted rifles worth more than $10,000 were taken during the break and enter. The suspect was in the store less than four minutes.
The suspect was wearing a black balaclava, blue jeans, black running shoes, and a grey hoodie with blue long sleeves and a logo reading GSRD. He was carrying a red and white Tommy Hilfiger duffle bag.
The Calgary Police Service will work collaboratively with The Canadian Firearms Centre and the Chief Firearms Officer to ensure that Cabela’s firearms were stored in accordance with the Firearms Act.
The items stolen include the following:
- .223-calibre Benelli semi-automatic
- .223-calibre XM 15 Bushmaster semi-automatic
- .22-calibre M&P 1522 Smith & Wesson semi-automatic
- .40-calibre 941 Jericho semi-automatic handgun
- .45-calibre Glock 21 semi-automatic
- 9-mm PX4 Storm Beretta semi-automatic
- 9-mm 92FS Beretta semi-automatic
- .40-calibre 22GEN4 Glock semi-automatic
- 9-mm 941 Jericho semi-automatic
- 10-mm 20C Glock semi-automatic
- 9-mm 17C Glock semi-automatic
- .40-calibre 22C Glock semi-automatic
Anyone who may have information about this incident or the location of the firearms is asked to contact police at 403-266-1234, or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637
Case # 16164914